Its time for new
I need to start fresh, shake these vibes off
and so with that David and I have started a proper family blog
Please join us over at Coffee and Madness!
Saturday, October 26, 2013
Tuesday, August 27, 2013
Monday, August 26, 2013
Tuesday, August 13, 2013
I searched for some dinner 12wbt meals yesterday, looking at what I could make with what I already had. I did have to go to the shops, but generally I would have all ingredients on hand for this recipe.
It is the first time I made gnocchi or cooked it at home, and I'm really happy with how it turned out!
Calories per serve: 297
• 500g sweet potato, peeled
• ¾ Cup plain flour
• ¼ tsp nutmeg
• 200gm button mushrooms
• ½ can crushed tomatoes
• 1 garlic clove
• 1 spray olive oil
• 3 handfuls of spinach
1. Steam potatoes until tender. Drain well. Using a fork, mash the
potatoes, adding the nutmeg and season with salt and pepper.
2. Add about ¾’s of the flour, slowly, mixing in well after each addition.
3. Sprinkle some flour onto a flat surface, take the mixture out of the
bowl, and lightly knead the mix. If mix is too sticky, sprinkle some
more flour over the dough and knead. Try not to mix much (the mix
may be still a bit “sticky” but still able to work with).After the dough
has been kneaded, cut into two even sized pieces.
4. Roll the dough into a sausage width(2cm). It should be quite long.
Using a sharp knife cut the dough into 2cm lengths, then using a
fork press to mark the top of the gnocchi. Place onto a try of baking
5. To cook, place gnocchi into a large saucepan of boiling water,
cooking about 10 pieces at a time. The gnocchi should be cooked
when it rises to the surface( about 4-5 mins). Pull gnocchi out of
water and place onto a plate/bowl using a slotted spoon, ready to
toss through sauce.
1. Heat pan, spray oil, add garlic & mushrooms.
2. Add tomatoes and ½ cup of water- remembering that the sauce will
reduce- add more water whilst the sauce is cooking, so it doesn’t get
too thick and over powering.
3. Season to taste.
4. Toss spinach through to wilt.
5. Gently stir thru gnocchi and serve.